Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Classics Galvatron

This custom is Heavily inspired by the unbelievably talented Jin Saotome's Galvatron customs.

Cannon: The cannon is my favorite part of this Custom so I will start there. It was built from Gundam parts and a Staples pen body that took about two weeks of hunting to find the perfect one. I put the fin on the back of the cannon give it a G1 feel but also it looks updated like what the recent Classics line is to achieve.










Treads: These came from the shoulder tread of a Leader class TFTM: Brawl. For legs I used the shoulder cannons the originally came with the figure and cut them down and threaded a bolt through the shaved down post and attached the tread. The tread cover came from a weapons upgrade for a gundam and some random Zoids pieces.
Back Foot/Pedal: Is made from once again gundam parts. Actually just the gundam foot and ankle area. The joint that attaches to the body was made a plastic box shapes thing with a handle of a gundam saber fitting perfect through it. I cut the ends of sanded the side so it was flush and had the perfect hinged joint attachment.


Paint apps: I used a combination of both Testors Fanatasy acrylic paints and Gameworkshop paints. It was spray paints a complete flat black and from there most of the colors were then dry brushed on to give him a worn out grim look.

As for this being my first serious custom and kitbash I am ver pleased on how this turned out. Please enjoy and leave any critique and comments. And feel free to ask any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment